Thursday, April 5, 2012

Could GREEN Coffee Beans help you get lean?!

         YES, the green or unroasted coffee beans have been proven in a study by scientists that consuming a fraction of an ounce can actually cause a person to lose body weight and body fat. Doesn’t this sound like another promising diet fad? Well, the key term is unroasted, which means the coffee bean hasn’t undergone through the extreme high temperatures of 464 to 482 degrees Fahrenheit. When it gets roasted the key chemical, chlorogenic acid, to break down then it gives the roasted coffee beans its distinct smell and flavor, and it also helps with weight loss. In comparison, the unroasted coffee bean has little odor and a bitter taste to it.
All through the study, the participants were on a weight management plan that included a healthy, low-fat diet with regular exercise. Their schedule was set to have no fluctuations of any kind so their calorie intake was the same all throughout the study. They only needed to use a fraction of an ounce but the doses could go higher yet with the bitter taste limits the intake.
            For everyone that is trying to manage their weight or fat loss this could be the answer to a cheap and effective weight loss for you as the consumer. The cost for the unroasted coffee beans are cheap but the extract is cheaper, which is about $20 or less a month compared to the other diet supplements on the market.
There is always a concern for the promising “quick fix” diets and Dr. Arthur Grollman, a pharmacologist at the State University of New York, basically states that there is a dense concentration of good and bad chemicals in the extract so he wouldn’t advise taking it even though the studies shown adequate results of weight loss. 

Always consult your physician before attempting any type of diet supplement because your safety matters. The sure thing to weight loss is to consume less calories than you burn by dieting and exercising regularly.

5 comments:

  1. Wow, I've never heard of GREEN coffee beans before. I generally don't like coffee period and I wonder if these green coffee beans actually taste like coffee? Was there any numbers indicating how much body weight and body fat was lost once they were consuming these green coffee beans? This sounds like a dietary supplement but I do know that even when you do take any kind of supplement, you have to incorporate eating a well balanced diet and exercise regularly. I think this is where people misconceptualize these products and think all they have to do it take the pill or whatever and let it do its majic. This was really interesting, Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fascinating concept! I have also never heard of green coffee beans, and I don't know if I could bring myself to bite into one based on their bitter flavor. At first when reading your post I was under the impression that the green coffee beans was just another health scam, but I checked out your links and it all seems pretty legitimate. I wonder where I could get green coffee beans, and if it would actually have an affect on my weight loss. Although the professor from New York did say that there were concentrations of good and bad chemicals, so my only concern would be the concentration of bad chemicals you get from the beans. If I could find out more about what kinds of effects the bad chemicals have on your body, I would definitely be interested in trying these green coffee beans.
    -Madeline Thueson (NTR 351)-

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had never heard of green coffee beans before until Starbucks released the refresher drinks that were made with green coffee beans. I thought they were delicious, however the drinks didn't last long on the menu. I think that they are something that could be beneficial to have in different drinks. Not only that, since it is proven to help people get lean, I think that there should be more of an effort to have green coffee beans more readily available in the market.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have just recently heard about green coffee beans while getting my usual Starbucks fix downtown but I had no idea what health benefits the beans really had to offer. Even though many people are using the green beans as a weight loss mechanism I would be interested in using these beans to cut the amount of coffee I drink in half. I have become pretty dependent on my morning or sometimes afternoon cup and by possibly eating or drinking these beans I can eliminate the unhealthy amount of caffeine I consume daily. I agree with Anna, if green beans were more readily available in markets consumers would be more likely to switch up their routine and try the green beans.

    -Corrie Turnbull

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have heard of this. Have you tried it or know anyone who has? I took a vow to never drink coffee again because the caffeine is too harsh a stimulant for me and I like the taste too much to stop. I have seen on television a man open up a coffee bean pod and suck off the slimy juices around the raw, pale beans. since then, I keep wanting to try that but I assume the green dried bean would be rather bitter. I am always up for trying new things. Maybe this green coffee won't really count as coffee if I have it in a different medium. I won't be breaking any rules after all.

    ReplyDelete